Bronxdale Guidance Department Mission Statement
The mission of Bronxdale High Schools Guidance Program in partnership with parents, community, and educational personnel is to ensure that all students will develop competencies in academic achievement and educational planning, career/occupational exploration and planning, leisure, and personal/social development in order to contribute to a rapidly changing world.
Bronxdale Guidance Department Program Goals
The counseling office provides assistance so that each student will:
-Achieve a strong self-concept and a healthy self-respect.
-Build healthy interpersonal relations and behave responsibly in school, in the family and in the community.
-Develop motivation to learn and accept the responsibility for his/her own achievements and behaviors.
-Experience educational and social growth that will lead to success in high school and beyond.
Bronxdale Guidance Department Philosophy
The members of the Guidance Dept. at Bronxdale High School grades 9-12 believe that:
- All students have the right to be served by the guidance program which shall have appropriate staffing resources at every level.
- All students should have access to; a school counselor to address personal, social, academic and career issues for career and educational planning.
- All students will be presented the opportunities to make choices within the educational system.
- Students and faculty shall be encouraged to recognize and appreciate the unique contributions from our diverse school community.
- The Guidance Program shall be:
-Evaluated on stated goals and related student competencies.
-Planned and coordinated by the counseling staff
-Implemented by the counselors, teachers, students, parents, and community members
-Managed by certified guidance counselors
- Guidance Program services shall be available to local community members as resources allow.
- The student, with the assistance of school professional staff, and parent(s) are primarily responsible for monitoring the student’s educational progress.
- An ongoing review and revision of the Guidance Program by counselors is necessary to maintain a quality Guidance Program.
- Students shall have access to a counselor with whom they may discuss guidance concerns with confidentiality maintained according to the ethical standards.