Communication. Collaboration. Critical Thinking.
Grace White, Principal
August 3, 2020
We hope all of you are doing well.
With the school year approaching, and with the possibility of schools reopening in the fall, we want everyone to be aware of the procedures and safety measures that will need to be taken during the day. The DOE survey to choose either the hybrid model (part time in school, part time remote) or fully remote option closes this Friday August 7. We need to be clear that the school day will look very different from what we all know, as you make your choice. It is our job to abide by these measures to keep everyone safe in the building. Please note that if you chose an option and would like to change it, you may do so by resubmitting the form between now and Friday.
Below are some, of the safety measures that will be occurring at Bronxdale High School. This list is not exhaustive. These measures are per CDC Guidelines, the NYS Department of Education and NYC Department of Education Health guidelines.
Scanning will remain, but there will be new protocols for entry into the building.
- Masks must be worn at all times once entering the entrance for scanning. (Masks will be provided if you don’t have one)
- Six feet distance must remain between all individuals
- Daily Health Questionnaire must be completed before entry
- Temperature check from staff personnel will be taken at the door
- If your temperature is over 100 degrees, you will be brought to an isolation room and immediately picked up by a parent or guardian. You will not be allowed to attend class under any circumstances. (NOTE: To return to school, you would be required to have a note from a doctor. More information will be provided on a case-by-case basis.)
- Student ID’s are mandated. You will not be able to key your number in to reduce touching
Once in the building…
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands at a “Hand Sanitization” station
- Separate sides of the staircases for “Up” and “Down,” and one staircase per school will be used
- You will only be allowed to walk specific ways in the halls to keep social distancing
- The number of students and staff in the hallway each time will be limited
- You must sign-in and sign-out in each time you use the bathroom
- One person in the bathroom at a time
- No leaving the classroom without permission
- No walking the halls unless during scheduled break time
- If an interaction with another student or staff member occurs in the hallway, you must be six feet apart and be wearing a mask
- Masks must be worn in the classroom at all times
- Mask breaks will be scheduled during the course of the day
- You will remain in one classroom for the entire day, with the 9-10 students per room for “Contract Tracing” purposes
- The school will determine which days students are in
- Lunch will be served in your specific assigned class for the day
- Desks will be six feet apart in each class
Again, this list is not exhaustive. As we learn more, we will be adding to our list of safety measures. Please let us know if you have any questions.